I'm having a bit of a panic attack thinking about our departure from Florence in three months. I imagine the scene of me kicking and screaming as I'm dragged away in a tangle of ribbons, pasta and gelato spoons. This will be painful.
I'm going to do my best to make a list of my 100 favorite things and experiences, in addition to updating this more comprehensive map that I'll be adding to. Here goes:
1. &Company Shop. We can't even talk about it.
2. Zeb Restaurant, where Giuseppina and her son Alberto have treated us like family.
3. Le Volpi e l'Uva, our neighborhood wine bar
4. Mark the Librarian at the British Institute
5. I Tatti. Again, we can't talk about it.
6. The Boboli Gardens, and hearing the announcement of its closing every afternoon.
7. The display of fresh fish every day at the Golden View Open Bar
8. The Orpheus Fountain at Giardino di Pal Vivarelli Colonna (pictured above)
9. The salted walnut Greek yogurt at Il Re del Gelato
10. The fettunta celebrating the new olive oil